4.12.07

Leaders are Readers

I am in the magazine publishing business and Patricia's father Mauro is the master of magazines in the business district of Sao Paulo. This, I feel, is a bond we can explore once I get to Brazil and we meet.

Mauro has a voracious appetite for the news and reading magazines. He often knows more than I do about breaking events and world stories about the U.S. Most certainly, Mauro knows more about Brazilian futebol, Formula 1 racing, and all the subtle shadings of Brazilian politics with its dozen political parties from Communist to Republican, workers parties to business, and Greens to Social Democrats.

This morning Patricia and I were driving to work and on the side of a delivery truck a sign read: "Leaders are Readers: Buy Magazines" and the motto struck a cord her her heart as being a very nice statement.

I'm sure Mauro and I are in total agreement.

No comments: